Tuesday, September 05, 2006

We've been torrented

I guess we're a part of the cultural zeitgiest now. As of September 3rd, we're officially available to illegally download on the 'net.

I won't tell you exactly how to find it, but web saavy pirates sure could. A quick search resulted in finding one Torrent site that had 200 active downloads occuring. Another had over 300!! Three-freaking-hundred people illegally downloading our movie. Bastards.

There's a part of us that's flattered by this fact. Think of it... 300 people using up their precious bandwidth to get OUR movie. The flipside, of course, is that they get it for FREE! If just 5% of the people from those two sites simply bought our movie, it would be a substantial little chunk of change in our pockets.

I actually have very strong feelings about file sharing and creator rights, though I'll be the first to admit that I've partaken in some shady dealings in my on-line existence (though I do do surf by a code, the details of which I've actually gone into on my personal blog).

Anyway. The moral of the story? Buy our movie, don't steal it. You can get it cheap if you shop around. Puls the pirated version doesn't have the DVD extras.

I know, because I downloaded it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker